Allison+Partners, Account Coordinator
Dec. 2013-Feb. 2014
Only The Beat, Freelance Writer/Editor
January 2013-Sept. 2014
- Interview artists and produce editorial content for Only The Beat, an international online community founded by a group of dedicated web developers, coders, writers, musicians, and fans with the intention of sharing the music we love with the world.
- Manage a team of writers and edit content for Only The Beat.
- Promote content using social media and WordPress SEO best practices.
Edelman, Consumer Intern
June 2013-September 2013
- Prepared coverage reports and audits for existing clients and new business.
- Developed targeted media lists, assembled press kits and pitched media.
- Completed a daily roundup of key travel industry updates for Edelman employees working with tourism clients.
- Compiled and analyzed coverage for consumer brand teams.
- Worked with team members in brainstorming and strategy meetings.
KING 5 – Consumer Reporting Intern
February 2013-April 2013
- Collaborated with the “Get Jesse” consumer reporting team monitoring our phone hotline and email account for potential story ideas.
- Worked with PR professionals to find solutions to viewer problems that wouldn’t be covered on the show.
- Conduct phone and internet research to investigate possible stories for the segment.
- Transcribe interviews for stories.
- Help out with interviews and undercover shoots for the show.
KIRO 7 – News Desk Intern
September 2012-December 2012
- Learned daily news desk operations at a TV station in the 12th largest media market in the U.S.
- Chased leads through online research and phone calls to sources and public information officers.
- Wrote voiceovers for broadcast on nightly news shows.
- Assist reporters and photographers at shoots.
The Jordan Times – Reporting Intern
June 2012-August 2012
- Tackled the challenging of living and working in an Arabic-speaking country through the University of Washington’s Foreign Intrigue scholarship.
- Wrote articles and took photos for the only national English-language newspaper in Jordan.
- Quickly picked up on British newspaper style to proofread and edit stories for print.
- Monitored stories and photos from wire services and selected them for the paper.
The Seattle Times – Business Section Intern
March 2012-June 2012
- Worked under tight deadlines balancing multiple stories at once.
- Reported for two articles that appeared on the A1 page of the paper.
- Wrote feature and news articles for the business section.
TVW (Washington State Public Affairs Network) – Legislative Reporting Intern
January 2012-March 2012
- Wrote stories, recorded voiceovers and appeared on TV nearly every night during the legislative session.
- Used critical thinking skills to accurately break down complex political issues for viewers.
- Actively contributed blog posts and photos to TVW’s blog, The Capitol Record.
Section editor and writer, The Daily – University of Washington
January 2010-December 2011
- Wrote over 60 articles for student newspaper.
- Gained experience writing specialized articles in different beats.
- Worked as development and opinion editor.
- University of Washington Dean’s List: Autumn (2010, 2011), Winter (2010, 2011, 2012), Spring (2010, 2011), Summer (2012)
- University of Washington Annual Dean’s List: 2010-2011
- University of Washington Henry M. Jackson scholarship, 2010
- University of Washington Department of Communication: Robert F. Philip scholarship, 2011
- University of Washington Department of Communication: Olympia Legislative Reporting internship, 2012
- Sigma Kappa (Mu chapter): Dorothy Siewers scholarship, 2011
- Sigma Kappa (Mu chapter): Grace O’Grosky scholarship, 2012
- University of Washington Department of Communication: Bob Doble Excellence in Journalism scholarship, 2012
- University of Washington Department of Communication: Foreign Intrigue scholarship, 2012
- Western Washington Society of Professional Journalists: June Anderson Almquist scholarship, 2012
- Washington News Council: Dick Larsen scholarship, 2012